Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm Still Trusting, Lord.

    Tomorrow is May 1st. The rent is due. Other bills are due. I don't have the cash to pay them all. I will have fewer water aerobics classes to teach in May, and I'm already behind. I've been praying for the Lord to stretch those meager dollars in my bank account, to let the phone ring with news that I am the inheritor of a million dollars from some aunt I never met, could be an uncle, to find that part-time opportunity that will quickly earn me a few hundred dollars from home, or to win the lotto. I'm open to any miracle that the Lord will send my way.
   The answer to most or all of those suggestions is no, but I'm not worried because I know that the Lord is using this to grow my faith, conquer my fears and overcome anxiety. Do I really trust Him enough to wait upon Him? I do. I will not panic. The Lord will provide what I need, even if that is a lesson in how to better manage my finances and how to let go of my concept of what I have to do to pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment